Monday, February 11, 2013

Babylonstoren

One place I am absolutely kicking myself for not visiting a year ago when I was in Cape Town, is Babylonstoren - technically 45 minutes outside of Cape Town but it should have been on my itinerary! Although I think I would've needed to double the length of my holiday so I could spend days and days there.

A Cape Dutch home and farm found in the Drakenstein valley, Babylonstoren is a working farm where you can stay, eat and relax in luxury. It's also eco-friendly. Jeepers, sounds like it was built with me (and probably you!) in mind...  



(click on the wide view, its so worth it)

Babylonstoren has a farm store, with a restaurant...








And the food is as local as it gets - from the grounds!



With beautiful gardens



and a beautiful place to stay






And a spa!

I love the greenhouse with the tea room attached



Plus they make their own wine (I suppose what else do you do when you are in the thick of the South African wine-making country?)


Sigh. Like this image on their website says, I'll see you there....



No comments: