Monday, December 24, 2012

My Home: Season's Greetings!

Well, you just saw my living room... and here it is, ready for Christmas day! It's going to be a good one - we have a little bit of snow forecast for tomorrow. Can you imagine? A white Christmas! Magical!


I absolutely LOVE decorating for Christmas - what a wonderful excuse to brighten up the dark winter days, and to make things cozy and warm! This year I restricted my tree decorating to only ornaments that are red, white, glittery or wood. I love how my new ornaments (starfish and sand dollars, again my little sea-inspired theme, with Milagro hearts) mix so well with wooden snowflakes from a Christmas market in Germany, a beautiful angel from Bolivia, guinea fowl feathers from South Africa along with my glitzy bear and partridge from a big commercial store here in Boston.



I also have a new pysanky snowflake egg in the Ukrainian tradition, thanks to my wonderfully talented friend Andrea, and a shell from my family visit to Maine earlier this year. I love ornaments that remind me of people and places that I love.



And of course, I have the same Christmas angel on my tree that my Mom has, and my Grandmother.


So Merry Christmas and season's greetings to all of you, I am always humbled and inspired by your visits to my blog, and just love being able to share my life with you,  and my passion for South African art and design. Best wishes for 2013, I have a feeling it's going to be an awesome year!



1 comment:

Hayley said...

Oh wow...so stunning!!