Thursday, July 12, 2012

Rockport Garden Tour 2012

This year I tried a new (to me) garden tour - in Rockport, Massachusetts. I'm used to the walking ones in Boston (South End and Beacon Hill) so driving was a new experience for me. Luckily I had two good friends to keep me company and we had an awesome time. Here are some pics, if you'd like to see (and the South End ones from June will follow shortly... few more pics in there to edit!)

We started up on the hill overlooking the town...



 I had no idea these little guys were called balloon flowers... can you see why?



One of my favourite homes had a large property with a wetland behind the yard, and some lovely features along the way.





Another home was positioned perfectly for this view. Apparently I loved the view more than the garden, I don't have any spectacular shots to share.


 I loved this house - it had lovely little nautical touches everywhere, and blueberries in the garden. See the whales emerging from the lawn?





I loved the neighbors' house too! Not on the tour but fair game for photos!


Here are some shots from the one of the gardens that had a lovely water feature.



Right near the end we went to this house. It's garden was my favourite favourite. Big patches of different plants so you can see what's there, lots of grasses, flowers and hardy succulents to deal with the wind... with this view, I don't think I would ever leave.



 




And what is a garden tour in coastal New England without hydrangea? And hydrangea... And hydrangea...







3 comments:

An Urban Cottage said...

Really beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing. They're some great inspiration. I especially love the photo of the turret with the sea in the background. Beautiful!

sakurasnow said...

What a great day out! I love looking at other people's gardens (not having one of my own) and these are all particularly beautiful (wonderful photos too!). Thanks for this great virtual garden wander...

kbd said...

Thanks S and S! Other people's gardens make me dream ...