Wednesday, December 7, 2011

More Campaign Furniture

If you've read this blog before, you know I'm a huge sucker for campaign furniture (read here and here). The latest issue of House & Leisure magazine has an opening story with lovely safari-style settings filled with it.









It reminded me of some of the campaign furniture I've seen lately in other places:

This Dunlin chair is actually modelled after the chairs used by East India Company during British Colonial times.



I would kill for these two campaign chests - as seen on Good Bones Great Pieces.



Here's a campaign dresser used beautifully in a little boy's room (so sweet!)



And oh, the classic leather campaign mirror... (from the always reliable remodelista)

5 comments:

Lana {lanalou style} said...

Didn't know they were called Campaign Chests! Love them!

Sam said...

I know nothing about furniture, I'm glad I have you kbd to inform and educate me on it!

kbd said...

hi Lana!
I know! They don't actually seem that transportable to me - maybe this is something that's kind of developed afterwards because they look nothing like the desk and chest of drawers in the H&L feature.

kbd said...

Sam - well, let's just say I'm taking a few notes from knowledge of fashion :) I scratch you back, you scratch mine!

Black Zebra said...

Love this type of furniture...so colonial Africa x