Monday, April 18, 2011

Boston Marathon 2011

Today is the Boston Marathon. People have taken hours and hours of time to train and qualify, while others have timen off work (or have the day off, lucky fish!) to watch. The South African flag has been having around town for weeks already, because our guy, Ernst Van Dyk will be back to win his 10th title. Go Ernst!




These are this year's banners... unfortunately I didn't get pic of Ernst's banner (wah wah wah) as these days I'm driving through town, not really walking. Hopefully they will still be up for a while and I'll get a shot.



I'm thinking today of my friends Cara and Terry, who are running for organizations close to their hearts. All I'm going to say is, remember that your feet are hurting because you're kicking so much arse!

(pics from here and here)

No comments: