Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ruan Hoffman at Anthropologie

I love this poster. LOVE it. (Do yourself a favour, and click to enlarge!)



It seems that the Anthropologie store at Rockefeller Center in New York is hosting Ruan Hoffman's work in June. I'm not sure how this all works, and even that may be wrong (do they have a gallery space?). On their facebook page it looks like they've hosted other artists' work so I'm assuming... anyone got any more info?

Anyhoo, let's take a look at Ruan Hoffman's beautiful work in anticipation of this even (wherever it may be!). I'd love that yellow one on my wall...













Thanks to Louis for the lead.

PS: Louis sent me this info (thanks! It's so much clearer now!)

"The Rockefeller Centre Store has a stand alone gallery that Keith Johnson (co owner and MAN SHOPS GLOBE presenter) curates shows for and he picks the artists who shows there.)

Ruan's solo show at this experimental Gallery space will open in June and end July 2011.He will exhibit 100 ceramic plates that they have been buying up since last year after his return from Amsterdam and the last of these artworks have just left South Africa for New York."

1 comment:

Eyepictures said...

ah lovely stuff!

I enjoy your blog so much for precisely this sort of post ... I had never heard of this ceramicist before..... why not I have to ask myself ... it's all that I love! querky imagery, colour, texture and wordage... makes me smile and feel good. NY and the Rockerfellar centre is far away but I now that I know that the work exists I can keep an eye out on this island too... brill!