Thursday, September 9, 2010

It's a Fashion Show-down!

Speaking of Cape Style Guide, I've recently fallen back in love with that blog. Robyn, who is our Cape Style Guider, has recently added some fun, kick-ass posts. Some are done by other fashionistas, but my favourite is her post on Fridays, in which she and Marco (of Man of the Cloth blogging fame) give their two-cents worth on a celeb's sartorial choices. I quite enjoy them. Here's my fave so far:



Reese Witherspoon
MARCO: My heart skips a beat when I see Reese Witherspoon. She's adorable and sexy and just the epitome of 'Southern Belle'. What's better is she can actually act which makes her that more of a commodity in this Hollywood salad of 'talent'. This green Shirt dress is so perfect for her colouring and the accessories make sense. Note to the Jersey Shore fans, this is what class looks like.
ROBYN: On the money. This dress is the definitive main course for a summer fashion lunch. The belt and gold gladiators, the perfect side dish and the straw trilby, a shortcut to a cool iced pudding. But mixed in with all this style-nailing is the fact that it is totally do-able by you. Or me. Or our girl friends. This is not some unattainable fashion mission. It is real. And maybe it loses some magic for me in this truth.


If you'd like to read what they said about Isaiah Mustafa (that's the new Old Spice man, man!), you'll have to take a gander over to Friday Fashion Face-Off.

No comments: