Monday, August 9, 2010

On Pins and Needles

In the tradition of my animal skin decorating posts, here is a new one... proteas (including the little pin cushion proteas) used around and about the house. I do love collecting these images, I'm amazed at how people use similar things to different effects, and how each home (or hote - 3rd pic- or restaurant -last pic) is so unique.



















As found in Elle Decor, House and Leisure, House Beautiful, LivingEtc, and Weylandts, a hertex fabrics ad, and freshly found. This last one is my own pic, from a beautiful wedding I recently attended in New York. The reception was at the Boat House... it was magical.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just gorgeous!! you have phenomenal taste and I really can't get over those black flowers in the knit vases, wow!! This might need to be a DIY project soon, would you mind if I posted that image? Your well deserved props will be given

kbd said...

ah! Thank you so much, I'm pretty flattered hearing that from you :) Feel free to post pics... the black proteas are from freshlyfound. She makes those gorgeous crocheted vase thingies. Gorgeous with the black.