Friday, June 18, 2010

The Mutts Strut their Stuff

You know people who stop other people on the street, when the other people are holding babies? Well, I'm the lame-o who stops other people with dogs. Yep, that's me. I love little dogs. Even chihuahuas. I love big dogs. And sometimes scary dogs (I nearly petted a pitbull, last weekend at the Boston Pride parade, with bacon on my fingers! Whoops!) I just love dogs.

So it warmed the cockles of my little heart to read about a dog show in South Africa. A special dog show. Instead of dog owners arriving by car, they walk for miles to be there.



And once there, everyone can participate once the doggies have had a rabies shot, got a new collar, dipped and all that fun stuff. Winners were dogs who were healthy, well-cared for and had a loving relationship with their owners.

Here are some entrants... Eunice Buthelezi was awarded Best Female Handler. Pictured with her dog, Puppy.



Best in show was Jack, seen with his owner Nonhlahla Sithole.



This is Nirvana Ramsaram with her doggie, also Puppy.



Reserve Best in Show was won by Denone, with his owner Mandla Mnchunu.



Winners took home rosettes and dog food.

And, of course, I can't resist... here are my pups, Lou and Lucy. *Ahem* we're still working on a good family portrait...

2 comments:

Black Zebra said...

your Doggies are too sweet man! Those two would have won at the show EASY!

kbd said...

ah, thanks! I do love those stinky little nonsenses!