Thursday, February 26, 2009

Design Indaba This Week!

So, if you're going to believe Steven Heller, South Africa's Design Indaba is the largest design conference in the world.



I haven't been over to the Design Indaba website in, like, forevah, and was very impressed with it's new clean, shiny face when I popped over there to see what was happening this week at the conference in Cape Town.



There are a lot of lovely things going on, from the exhibition of superb South African design at the Expo, to internation guest speakers, like Marian Bantjies. She is, truly, an inspiration to me, so I am quite sad that I can't be there. Well, maybe one day she'll visit Boston.

For more info on what's going down, straight from the horses' mouths, check out Elle Deco SA's blog and The Wren's (who managed to bag a ticket AND a goodie bag. Lucky girl).

PS: My beautiful Migrating Bird will be winging it's way to me tomorrow. As soon as she flies in and has a new home, I'll give up some pics.

No comments: