Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Weather Outside is Frightful!

Ah, as the skies get dark early, and the weatherman threatens snow flurries daily (not yet!), winter is upon Boston. We have had a few days of January weather (it is usually not so consistently below freezing for so long until the new year), and my slippers are wearing thin.


I got them a few years back at work in the wonderful tradition of Secret Santa (I didn't work long enough in SA to enjoy the traditions of work celebrations there). They are sheepskin, and I wear them without socks, so that my skin can soak up the oils from the wool. With heating drying out the air, I need all the help I can get.

Luckily I recently saw this posting on the Wren's blog, about her boyfriend Jeremy's slippers (don't you love the sheep on the banner!?). He and his mom have been making them for years, and now have them available for all of us on etsy. Yippeee! I don't think mine will make the end of winter.


Anyone need a Christmas gift idea? Jeremy can make yours custom for you.



(Photo of Boston from flickr, by cgc0202)

No comments: