Tuesday, October 14, 2008

This Is It!

Okay, okay, I know this is completely off topic, but I just got back from seeing Ghost Town. I really enjoyed it, it was very sweet. A lovely midweek break... but I have to tell you I AM IN LOVE! With the apartment that Gwen lives in!





If you can see behind the dead man, funny man, very earnest man, and lovely woman, you'll see big, comfy but beautiful sofas (some with Japanese print patterns on them!), books in glorious bookshelves, beautiful lamps, clutter, art, textured cushions, color everywhere... oh, the list goes on.

There is a shot just a few seconds after these two in the movie, where you see some of the next room, which is covered in wide vertical stripes, and has dark wooden furniture, and great art (if you go to this link, you can see more of the apartment... my apologies, it's on nytimes.com and you have to choose the one where you can Tea Leoni on the couch. Youtube doesn't have this specific clip).

I just love a home that is beautiful but comfy, with good, solid pieces. Lived in. Love it. Anyone else feel this way?

For more pics from the movie, check out IMBD, but alas!, no more pics of her apartment.

No comments: