Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Babazeka!

Here's a shop/blog combo I have been meaning to tell you about for a long time. Babazeka is a shop that was started by Sarah (that's the most I can gleen from her blog!). It means love, and is motivated by Sarah's desire to do something about the challenges of poverty and unemployment in South Africa. But not only are the wares she sells uplifting, they are also beautiful and fun.

Here's Sarah



And some goodies from the shop:






Some the items have been featured in the media lately: there's the shwe shwe bowls in Oprah's mag, and I spotted some of the same bowls in the latest SA Elle Deco (pics to come later), and also in an Australian magazine. And it's all deserved, I think Babezeka's stuff is lovely. And now I can buy my own from there (I originally was contemplating buying online and having it sent to my folks' house in Joburg) because Babazeka ships worldwide now. Yippee!

You can read more about it all on the Babazeka blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your kind words! Glad you like. It's been a fun project so far, with a loooong way to go. Some exciting changes coming soon :)

Deb said...

What a great little blog! Thanks for passing it on ;)

D-