Monday, October 15, 2007

Hooo-ray! Hoo...ray! Hoorayhoorayhooooray!

Guess what arrived today? My long, long awaited Elle Deco magazine from SA... remember, my American friends, that the seasons are opposite down in the southern hemisphere, so this is the Spring issue.



The first thing that grabbed my eye was an ad, attached inside, to the spine.





I really liked the fresh approach to advertising... the objects on one side, and the map to the shops on the other... like little postcards. (Please excuse my scanning... I had my digital camera stolen recently, so making do with the scanner. Just tell yourself I'm being artsy, and then it'll look cool).

I've been through the mag briefly (also trying to get some school work done here) and here are a few things that caught my eye straight away. I love succulents and the ways you can display them... did you know that the proper name for these lovely little plants is actually Haworthia? And that they are virtually unique to SA? Gotta love 'em!



And then this gorgeous kitchen also caught my eye. LOVE the backsplash.



Okay, I'm outta here.. off to read my magazine, drink a cuppa tea and watch the Red Sox. To the South Africans out there... its a DISEASE!

2 comments:

janine de waal said...

stunning shelves with pot plants!!!

Deb said...

Love the ideas above! Very clean and pretty ; )