Sunday, May 27, 2007

Welcome!

So, the least technically savvy person on the planet has a blog! After much psyching up, here it is! I am SO excited! This marks the beginning of South of the Sahara, a blog devoted to the exciting design, art and craft that is just bursting out of southern Africa. It’s so exciting that I’ve overcome my aversion to the technological to share it with you! I hope you love it as much as I do.

To ease myself in, I’m showing you one of my favorite things. It’s a bowl made of wire and beads that I bought on my last trip home (for more about me, check out my bio). I just love this, the bowl serves beautifully as a fruit bowl and brings fruit
presentation to a whole new level.








1 comment:

Christine Lyons said...

I wholeheartedly concur! I too have one of these--yellow, not red--and it is always the center of my kitchen island or dining table. Form following function, it is the perfect thing to show off crisp red apples and receives constant comment from visitors.